Are these Azaleas worth collecting....?

Wee

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
They look to be the smaller leaf variety, from these pics it looks like they may have been cut back numerous times.

IMG_2150.JPG

IMG_2151.JPG

Brian

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Can't tell from the pics. As of now, I do not see anything worth collecting.

You may need to go there and investigate the trunks and base first, then decide from there.

Good luck!

CHUCHIN

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The pics do not display much but I would have to say no base on what I am able to see. Invest energy and limited window of time to collect on another project

Wee

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Just got an e-mail back that someone was coming today to get them....Glad they were nothing special.

Brian

bjones88

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
If it were me I would have collected them for at least to have them planted in my landscape. An azalea in full bloom is the most appealing in my opinion of all flowering plants. I have grown partial to azaleas I guess.

Free is free. But each their own.

Wee

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I would have gotten them had they not already been gone....I work full time so I can't just take off to dig some bushes anytime I get the notion...Yea it sucks but I got to pay the bills.

Brian

bjones88

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I would have gotten them had they not already been gone....I work full time so I can't just take off to dig some bushes anytime I get the notion...Yea it sucks but I got to pay the bills.

Brian

I totally understand. I can relate.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
If it were me I would have collected them for at least to have them planted in my landscape. An azalea in full bloom is the most appealing in my opinion of all flowering plants. I have grown partial to azaleas I guess.

Free is free. But each their own.

My advise is based on bonsai useability and worth.

Indeed free is free but if you look at it that way...you may as well spend full time picking & collecting everyone's junk because in one way or another...those junk have some use. (the "one man's junk, is another's treasure" thing)

Not being argumentative...just pointing it from another perspective & setting the parameters leading to my advise. :)

Top Bottom