Are these pines and maples good cultivars for bonsai

Just Rosie

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Ooh is that in Clermont area? It's about 2 hours from me. What did you think? Worth the drive? 😁

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Ooh is that in Clermont area? It's about 2 hours from me. What did you think? Worth the drive? 😁
Rosie, Plant City specializes in pre-bonsai and bonsai stock. Not so much finished bonsai. If what you’re looking for is stuff that has a good start, PCB is a good place to go.

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
As mentioned above, Mark Comstock for seed grown Japanese Black Pine

The two finest grafters, producing stock where the scion is grafted right into the root zone of the understock, there are only two sources I know of. Brent Walston at Evergreen Garden Works and David DeWire at Wabi Sabi. Both gentlemen produce excellent, low grafted select cultivars of Japanese white pines, Japanese black pines, and in David's case a wide range of other pines. Ask David about Jack Pines grafted for bonsai. These would be my go to sources. With Brent, his listings are often on the web as sold out. Email or call him, get on the waiting lists. Once you are on the waiting list he will contact you about each as they become available. Also with Brent, if it is now, say January, and he has a tree listed as available in June, with a price. Pay for the tree in January to be shipped in June, and you will get your tree. If you wait until June to order, it may very well be sold out.

'
Julian Adams has 'Zuisho' JWP, his availability limited, so a call or email is needed rather than just clicking buy it now.

Julian Adams also has seedling JWP, and while not “the best” I’m very happy with them. This can satisfy your JWP craving until you decide to cough up the big bucks for a more developed specimen, “Zuisho” or otherwise :)

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
It's about 2 hours from me.

2 hrs 45 from here. Some think the cathedral is dirty because of pollution, but it was built in black lava blocks ;) :

Or if you mean Clermont- l'HĂ©rault, a very nice medieval village, it's almost a 6 hour drive.

Tbrshou

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a/
As Adair said they do have and specialize in pre bonsai which is what i was looking for until i can save up enough for older and more developed material. Not to mention i want to grow a few trees for a couple decades. If u have the free time its something to do.

Top Bottom