Bonsai (Bunjae) in Seoul

Bunjeh

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Heading to Seoul in about a month. Any place good to check out while I am there? Been a while and I was not into Bonsai at the time.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
No more tips for Seoel? I will be there myself in a few weeks. I have found the Korea Bonsai Museums' facebook page. (Will also ask them for tips).

J

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have a tip: go to Japan!
:(
Not going to happen. Will be in Korea for work, and will have one or maybe two days upon arrival to look around in Seoel before moving on to another city. So no, flying to Japan is not an option.

Chuah

Shohin
Reaction score
:(
Not going to happen. Will be in Korea for work, and will have one or maybe two days upon arrival to look around in Seoel before moving on to another city. So no, flying to Japan is not an option.

I visited Korean Bunjae Museum many years ago, this is the place to go if you have only a couple of days in Seoul. The way I did it was to ask the hotel concierge to write the address in Korean, took the subway to Yangjae station; got out and gave the address to the taxi driver. Got to the museum, there were a lot of trees. They have classes in the weekend, and they welcome me to watch, however, most of them do not speak or speak very little English. The area is full of flower and plant vendors, you can wander around, buy bonsai tools, wires etc. and trees if you can bring them back to Germany. Also ask the hotel people to write a card to tell the taxi driver to bring you back to the subway station.

There is another bonsai and flower market on the way to Pamanjun 38th parallel. Forgot what the name was.
I also went to their biggest flea market in Hwanghupdong, near Dongdaemun, there you will find people selling suiseki or suseok. The most well known bonsai museum is the Bunjae Art Park in Chaejul Island, but you need to fly there.

Top Bottom