Bonsainut Hall of Famers

A. Gorilla

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
What do I appreciate? Making something out of nothing.

@Vance Wood and his mugos. Particularly his recognition of krummholz.

@Cadillactaste; if she's not avante garde I don't know who is.

@ABCarve with THEE red maple to compare all others to.

@VAFisher, @MichaelS always make me stop in my tracks and notice something vaguely different.

@vancehanna with his utterly defiant EWP and ERC.

@Smoke, @Brian Van Fleet, @Adair for demonstrating standards of technical ability which are my reference materials.

I don't know much about Valavanis. I am just using my own senses around this place.

I would add @markyscott for his diligent threads that serve as great reference material for me. I’d also nominate @Hartinez for his great progression threads and high design acumen.
While I really appreciate the love, I don’t know if I’m quite there yet!! I would absolutely say members who have been here awhile, some who post a lot, others not so much, are far more deserving. @JudyB FOR SURE. Period. @leatherback @Nybonsai12 @Djtommy @coh @rockm loads more who I am not thinking of at the moment. Many who used to post here but don’t anymore.

While I really appreciate the love, I don’t know if I’m quite there yet!! I would absolutely say members who have been here awhile, some who post a lot, others not so much, are far more deserving. @JudyB FOR SURE. Period. @leatherback @Nybonsai12 @Djtommy @coh @rockm loads more who I am not thinking of at the moment. Many who used to post here but don’t anymore.
Gotta mention why.

Rules, bro.

For each. They have exhibited exceptional ability at showing long term progressions of trees from either collected or purchased material, from raw or semi refined stock. They may not all be chomping at the bit to help newbies and chime in on every thread, but the treees they produce alone are worthy of a nod at the very least.

I could easily add 8-10 more. I just need to jog my memory a bit.

Here’s my honest take also. A lot of these guys I have listed do not post near as much as they used to. There are far more threads now then there were in the past, of incredibly young and unrefined trees. I think this in itself makes some of my stuff stand out. Not because my work is phenomenal or overly noteworthy, but it looks slightly better than what else is posted. If a lot of the people I tagged posted as much as they used to, a lot of my work would be a bit more rudimentary. I don’t say this as a slight to anyone on here personally or even myself. I say this because if we want to continue seeing this site being a place that produces quality imagery and progressions, it is income not upon those posting the most to really put their best foot forward to produce the best work that is capable. It is a challenge of sorts, personally and broadly, to carry the BNUT torch. My work is ok, in some cases good, but dam I’m trying as hard as I can to make it better and better.

Back
Top Bottom