bonsais-trees.com scam?

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I ran into a similar website but for bamboo that was a scam. The info and wording gave them away. No contact, no emails, no nothing. I googled the address and it was a unit in a strip mall, not a nursery.

👇THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM 👇

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Been looking for a lower-end Japanese white pine (something under $400-500 but not a seedling) and this site came up:

www.bonsais-trees.com

It seems suspicious: no info on the proprietor, use cm despite a Illinois-area phone code, etc. However, reverse image search of their photos returns no other results, and they do have JWP....
Huh!? Tree on their home page is same on local club home page:oops:. We must have borrowed from somewhere🤔.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Homes or “bunkers”?
Example: we have a large Mennonite community around here. It's rather popular amongst them because it allows highly controlled, safe access to the internet. Essentially, unparalleled parental control, with virtually 0 possiblity of your kids misusing it.

It's also about the only reliable internet access left in the world that's still compatible with dialup.
AOL has kept up with with the times in terms of virus/malware protection, so that combined with it's relative isolation make it just about the most secure means available of accessing the internet. Big deal for some research and business needs.

jszg

Mame
Reaction score
update: There was no follow-up to the order. All I got was an email saying an order was placed (never made a payment!) by a Mr. Joseph Mama (nom de plume).

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Money laundering front
Not bad.
Could also be tax evasion, immigration reasons, all sorts of stuff.
There are a number of reasons why having a legal business front might be a good idea for someone, even if they never actually do any business.

Top Bottom