Bougainvillea and Premna - Jin

Yo Mango

Yamadori
Reaction score
Hello, I have two good styling ideas that would be using Jin and Shari methods for two different trees. Before doing so, I was wondering if anyone would know whether a Bougainvillea or a Premna would not be good candidates for creating deadwood (Jin) for some reason I may not be unaware of?

Thanks.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
They say Bougainvillea rots easy. But so does....whatever the hell my potato cannon is and it still "working".

Premna = Robert Stevens, Endostory.

Sorce

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Bougies DO rot easy, and it HAS been advised not to on species such as this. That being said You do SEE some bougies with deadwood... the ones that eat houses.

The same can be said of Azalea.. it is ADVISED in container growing not to attempt to create any large.. um.. exposures.. but you DO see them naturally occurring. Well I don’t!.. too cold here.. but I. HAVE seen them occurring in Illinois, at a cemetary....

Almost like the plant has to decide WHEN and HOW to react with dying tissue, possibly compartmentalizing while this “dying off” is taking place ... this is something that we, as tiny tree practitioners, can not recreate.

I have no experience with premna.. but LOVE Robert Stevens.

🤓

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I saw that post last night... and thought it was like the “Hey Harold! You have unclaimed money!” - messages I get.

🤓

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I saw that post last night... and thought it was like the “Hey Harold! You have unclaimed money!” - messages I get.

🤓
Heh, I should have looked at his post history. Looks like BNut already sent them a PM too...
I saw it on several threads....timestamped after Bnut sent him a PM....gotta be bot.
Too dumb to be a normal troll.

Edit....I see its been deleted as well...nice.

Top Bottom