Brazilian Leopard Tree Progression - From Seed

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
just an update that they are now indoors for the winter and responding well to the grow lights. Tyrion on the left and a close up of the reverse side below.

739EAA48-82A5-474C-84EF-0D2DA2159CCA.jpeg
BDBC1A49-A2E1-40F5-80A7-6976DA6A665C.jpeg

Last edited:

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just because it’s been a while, here is Tyrion now. I no longer have the brothers from his batch as they have all been donated to other enthusiasts.
I don’t know if I will keep him in the long run as I kept 2 from the 2nd batch so the question is do I need 3? 😂😂

14CFBC45-B9EA-4316-A464-F57D9B1B42E1.jpeg

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I know that the impracticability of raising a bonsai by seed has been brought up here frequently by the big guns of bonsai nut, but it is terribly rewarding watching your babies grow from seed. Fact is, even those who would not grow from seed have to get their plants from somebody who values the process. ;)

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I know that the impracticability of raising a bonsai by seed has been brought up here frequently by the big guns of bonsai nut, but it is terribly rewarding watching your babies grow from seed. Fact is, even those who would not grow from seed have to get their plants from somebody who values the process. ;)
Oh I know it can take an age but I do really enjoy growing things from seed. Check out the group 2 post, those guys are much larger than this little one.

I am used to slooow, we have a number of cactus and succulent dotted around the home for some low maintenance greenery and yeah some of those seem frozen in time 🙂.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Oh I know it can take an age but I do really enjoy growing things from seed. Check out the group 2 post, those guys are much larger than this little one.

I am used to slooow, we have a number of cactus and succulent dotted around the home for some low maintenance greenery and yeah some of those seem frozen in time 🙂.
Nothing will take more patience than watching some of these rare succulents grow. I have a pretty good collection of them myself. Many of them have grown about an inch or less in 5 - 10 years. Plus side is that they don't take up much space.

Top Bottom