Brazilian Rain Tree: Pithecellobium Tortum or Samanea Saman

Paul F.

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11b
😂 can’t blame you.

I also bought some BLT seeds online previously and have been enjoying growing them. I’ll post some photos when I have a chance (and to hopefully elicit some tips).
I'd love to see some pics! I think Im going to grow 1/2 of them in turface only and the rest in regular potting mix. Im going to experiment big time. I bought some Brazilian Ironwood seeds too. Any tips will be appreciated too. Thanks!

Paul F.

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11b
From the brt seeds I bought. All have germinated so far.

Attachments

• 395B3A39-28D5-4DF6-A01C-2C43D1790618.jpeg
    395B3A39-28D5-4DF6-A01C-2C43D1790618.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 12

Paul F.

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11b
Hi, I just purchased from this seller. How are your BRTs coming along? if you dont mind me asking.
They're absolutely awesome. One is about 14 inches long already. I have that one is a tropical soil mix.. the rest I have in a very small mix of akadama and kiryu sand. I have two out of the 14 that arent doing well. Not sure why though. I moved them into some bigger pots and ill have to see how they do.

hardtimes

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
They're absolutely awesome. One is about 14 inches long already. I have that one is a tropical soil mix.. the rest I have in a very small mix of akadama and kiryu sand. I have two out of the 14 that arent doing well. Not sure why though. I moved them into some bigger pots and ill have to see how they do.
92AEA918-3BC6-41AB-9D03-D5C248051A09.jpeg
Only three weeks in!

Paul F.

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11b
Mine are like almost 2 feet tall now! One is giant… the rest are catching up quickly. The ones I have in the akadama and growing far less quickly than the ones in regular potting mix though.

Top Bottom