Brazilian raintree

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Aggressive pruning on this one today. Several large branches cut back on the canopy. I really need to get better about wiring the new growth.

I cant tell from the pictures but did you leave a stub above where you cut each branch?

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
I did not. I generally do with smaller branches but didn't with these larger ones. Hopefully it'll be ok.
Well...
They do die back.
A lot.
Let us know what's happened to those branches in the future? Now I became curious.

Hack Yeah!

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Well...
They do die back.
A lot.
Let us know what's happened to those branches in the future? Now I became curious.
Will do, I'm worried myself now but hopefully it'll be ok, I'm fairly certain I've taken a few like this and it was ok. The tree is in active growth so it shouldn't take long to see the results.

Hack Yeah!

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Luckily, still no significant die back. Certainly, moving the tree forward getting rid of the straight. Before and after a little haircut. The top left of the canopy needs wired down. I actually cut a little more after the after photo20230830_171847.jpg20230830_173004.jpg

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
Luckily, still no significant die back. Certainly, moving the tree forward getting rid of the straight. Before and after a little haircut. The top left of the canopy needs wired down. I actually cut a little more after the after photoView attachment 505927View attachment 505928
May I give you a suggestion?
As BRTs branches thicken up very fast, I would shorten the first left branch to keep the inner foliage tight.
It will elongate in the future, for sure, so no worries here.

Hack Yeah!

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
May I give you a suggestion?
As BRTs branches thicken up very fast, I would shorten the first left branch to keep the inner foliage tight.
It will elongate in the future, for sure, so no worries here.
For sure! All suggestions and criticism welcome, that's how I got this far! It's always funny to me how bad it looks in pics compared to in person.

Damart81

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yea.......you are very likely to see some die back down the trunk.
ALWAYS leave a stub when pruning BRT

How long do you wait until you cut the rest of stub?

Top Bottom