Brazilian raintree

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Let a shoot grow for a year or so. Preferably something zig-zag-ish, something with multiple buds along it's length. When you see buds fattening at the base of each leaflet, make your cutting then. I defoliate all leaflets except the leaflet at the top of the cutting. I use straight akadama but just about any soil should work. Counterintuitively, let the soil dry to almost "panic-level" before you water again. Make the new roots "search" for water. Don't turn the soil to ash, but don't expect success with a soil that stays too wet for too long.😷

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Let a shoot grow for a year or so. Preferably something zig-zag-ish, something with multiple buds along it's length. When you see buds fattening at the base of each leaflet, make your cutting then. I defoliate all leaflets except the leaflet at the top of the cutting. I use straight akadama but just about any soil should work. Counterintuitively, let the soil dry to almost "panic-level" before you water again. Make the new roots "search" for water. Don't turn the soil to ash, but don't expect success with a soil that stays too wet for too long.😷
Do you tent the cuttings?

Hack Yeah!

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I do agree, however I do not currently have a better choice. If I can't find something better soon I may go back into a bulb pan or something for the heat of summer

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I think round is a good shape for this tree but it needs to be deeper than that blue one

Top Bottom