Can I still fertilize my Juni?

njbonzai7

Seedling
Reaction score
Hello everyone! :D
Im new to the forums and new to bonsai in general, I just bought my first tree 2 weeks ago, pretty sure its a chinese juniper. When I bought the tree the lady threw in 2 bottles of "Green Green" fertilizer, is this stuff any good? She said to mix it with water and spray the tree with the mix twice a week. Ive been doing some reading and im guessing what she told me was wrong? My main question though is, considering it is mid October and getting pretty cold out ( in the 50's) do I continue to fertilize my juniper or stop til spring? And when I do start to fertilize how often do I do so? BTW I live in Northern New Jersey.

Thanks for any feedback in advance, Rich.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
You can, but it's probably not terribly necessary unless its still growing...

bonsaibp

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I'd wait until spring, you won't be getting much growth between now and then.
Where in northern NJ? I grew up in South Orange.

njbonzai7

Seedling
Reaction score
I live in Lodi, its in Bergen County. Last year we didnt get much snow at all, it actually snowed the most on halloween day which was wierd, but its getting very cold out already so I think were going to have a rough winter. South Orange isnt far from me at all, when did you move?

bonsaibp

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I live in Lodi, its in Bergen County. Last year we didnt get much snow at all, it actually snowed the most on halloween day which was wierd, but its getting very cold out already so I think were going to have a rough winter. South Orange isnt far from me at all, when did you move?
In 1984. the best thing I ever did. I come back usually once or twice a year because my family is still there.

Top Bottom