Chinese elm

Craig.a.c

Sapling
Reaction score
My chinese elm trying to push new buds out in winter.

Attachments

• chinese elm.jpg
    chinese elm.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 187

lordy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
what kind of temperatures do you see during your winter? Sorry but I never get used to calling winter what I have always known as summer.
And, for what it's worth, I have never seen bricks like that before, with the spots. Very interesting!

Craig.a.c

Sapling
Reaction score
what kind of temperatures do you see during your winter? Sorry but I never get used to calling winter what I have always known as summer.
And, for what it's worth, I have never seen bricks like that before, with the spots. Very interesting!

Winter over here, we sometimes get below 0c and the usual high of around 15-16c.

Jaberwky17

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
Brick

The bricks are made with a kind of iron sprinkled within the clay or in a light glaze applied to the brick before firing. When the bricks are fired in the kiln, pieces that are exposed to the outside "burn" or react to the heat and create the dark flecks and pits. It's common to have a light cream or buff brick color which shows off the flecks well.

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My Chinese Elms push new growth each winter, of course I take 'em to Florida with me.... :p

ed

bloodysafety

Seedling
Reaction score
Maybe proximity to the brick(heatsink)is creating a micorclimate just warmenough to break dormancy

Top Bottom