Cjr Crataegus aestivalis 1

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Current plan is to feed it hard for the straight shoots to grow big. Then the tree will be potted and styled like a daisugi. The straight shoots are now 3+ ft tall.
View attachment 501163
I am ready to style this tree. Current plan is to place it in the Wigert OVB 19 pot.
1692017567325.png

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Introducing my Daisugi Mayhaw. The straight trunks will be left alone for a while longer before being chopped to final heights.
PS: I have yet to find another Daisugi style hawthorn bonsai. Have you seen any?
Before
IMG_8249.jpeg

AfterIMG_8250.jpeg
IMG_8251.jpeg

Last edited:

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Introducing my Daisugi Mayhaw. The straight trunks will be left alone for a while longer before being chopped to final heights.
PS: I have yet to find another Daisugi style hawthorn bonsai. Have you seen any?
Before
View attachment 503978

AfterView attachment 503979
View attachment 503980
I am a bit unsure about how tall to keep the straight trunks. I am thinking 2.5 times the main tree height. Is that enough? In nature it is about 3-4 times but that will keep my bonsai at nearly 4 ft high!!

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Uncle, What style are we calling this?
I am imitating a daisugi. I haven’t finished wiring it yet but the main tree is down below and the shoots will soar.
I am just having fun and express my feelings with the trees. I truly can't say there is a style I am going after with a lot of my trees. I just train them as I see fit.

IMG_1239.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom