Cjr Watering System

hampton

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Thanks for the rundown, that’s a good piece of information re: the NiMh batteries.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Among the things I've learned. The timers automatically add weather delay based on very loose weather conditions. By default, they will add weather delay on 30% chance of rain and .05 inch of rain. I bumped that way up to 80% and 0.25 inch of rain. Good thing I saw the notification for delay on the app and cancel the delay through the internet.
The last few days of 97-98 deg F and sunny weather forced me to adjust watering cycles. So far so good.

One more thing: I use my big gumbo pot and get the water close to boiling then cut the tightly coiled 1/4" tube to length. Dropping the hose in one at a time and fish it out with tongs. A slight pull through and the hose straightens out nicely. No more fighting with those coils.

Last edited:

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Yeah... that is one thing I disabled on my yard Rainbird system. I added a rain sensor, it adjusts after .25" and turns off the system after 1" of rain a week.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I was gone for 10 days right in the midst of a heat wave. Yet all the trees are healthy when I get back.
I did overwatered a bit so the back yard is wet!

Last edited:

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I just received my water bill. Oh my goodness!
Hmmmm....

Top Bottom