Collecting Buddy?

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Calling all north easterners....... I am looking for 1 maybe 2 collecting buddies with experience, that don't mind scouting/preparing/waiting for the right time. It could mean one possibly two trips a year. I'm thinking spring and fall. I have access to a VERY large plot in northern NY. PM me if you are interested. Again, I am looking for experience for I am a noob. My reward is knowledge, your reward is Yamadori.

-Dav

disclaimer: contest not restricted to north-easterners, anyone willing to make the travel arrangements can be modestly acomadated. (ie. a couch and a pillow)

Last edited:

TimD

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Ugg 7 hour drive. Not sure I could handle that after a good dig bud.

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Good thing we have solar powered cabins. Over-nighters are most likely the way to go. Bring your gear.

-Dave

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Dave, have you checked into the club near the Albany area, Pauline Muth is part of a very active club, here is here e-mail try it and I am sure you can get some good club info, or pointed in the right direction. pauline@pfmbonsai.com .

Also Bill Valvanis is closer to you, I think, probably a good source of info and club there too.

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks Bill, Already very active in my club, and familliar with the people you mention. Pauline comes to Syracuse although, I have not yet met her. Just met a few fellas at another local club show a week or so ago. Nick Lenz, warns of the mob mentality of big group hunts, so I wanted to invite one or two nuts, I think it could be an interesting experience. Besides, If someone is going to make the long trip, chances are they are of the more serious caliber of enthusiast.

-Dave

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
People bring BEER into the woods to hunt for bonsai? Huh...never would have thought of that.;)

-Dave

Top Bottom