Conifer Division... Horse’s lone Picea.

Lutonian

Chumono
Reaction score
Luton, East Anglia, England, Great Britain
USDA Zone
9a
sweet little tree looks like spruce possibly too me, there is a difference in the point the needle attach to the trunk between spruce and fir, spruce have little pegs and fir have little suction cup shape attachments this will help with ID.
1631531889880.png 1631531937634.png

first image is spruce & second are various firs. spruce and firs make great trees and plans for this one yet?

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
sweet little tree looks like spruce possibly too me, there is a difference in the point the needle attach to the trunk between spruce and fir, spruce have little pegs and fir have little suction cup shape attachments this will help with ID.
View attachment 397459 View attachment 397460

first image is spruce & second are various firs. spruce and firs make great trees and plans for this one yet?
That all depends on how “bendy” i get with it in the fall. ;)

here’s a closer picture94A4565B-523B-4EB9-A788-5F9454CAE795.jpeg

Lutonian

Chumono
Reaction score
Luton, East Anglia, England, Great Britain
USDA Zone
9a
It a spruce, I see the little brown attachment points there called Sterigmata https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sterigma fun word to say. Spruce are fun trees to work and will give you plenty of wiring practice as they tend to spring back a bit after you take the wire off. Plus you can thread single glass beads on threads and put mini Christmas baubles for the Xmas season.

Top Bottom