Cotoneaster species indentification help

CatInATree

Sapling
Reaction score
I found this cool cotoneaster tree yesterday with funky trunky shmovement, so I pruned it and wired it and am hoping to make it into a cool bonsai in the future but I don't know which specific species of cotoneaster it is so am looking for help ID'ing it.

Thanks 🌙IMG_7542.jpeg
Picture of tree
IMG_7546.jpeg
Picture of leaf

Great Id @jeremy_norbury
Corokia are New Zealand plants. Corokia cotoneaster is also known as 'wire netting bush' or in Maori 'koriko'.
Don't get confused with the Northern hemisphere Cotoneasters. I guess this one got the specific name because the leaves look a bit like some Cotoneasters.

FYI, although the growth habit is interesting, the long internodes and alternate budding makes it really hard to get good ramification on Corokia.
Don't let that deter you though, prove me wrong and grow a great bonsai Corokia.
Good luck.

Great Id @jeremy_norbury
Corokia are New Zealand plants. Corokia cotoneaster is also known as 'wire netting bush' or in Maori 'koriko'.
Don't get confused with the Northern hemisphere Cotoneasters. I guess this one got the specific name because the leaves look a bit like some Cotoneasters.

FYI, although the growth habit is interesting, the long internodes and alternate budding makes it really hard to get good ramification on Corokia.
Don't let that deter you though, prove me wrong and grow a great bonsai Corokia.
Good luck.
Thanks for the replies 🙏
I seee, I'll do my best to get it to ramify as good as I can, I'll keep you updated.

Back
Top Bottom