Darth's Privet Adventures

Darth Masiah

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
4/16/2021
going for another privet project. should be pretty easy to collect judging from the even thicker layer i successfully did a few years ago on a 14' plus high privet shoot.
20210415_160021.jpg
20210421_130851.jpg

surrounding moss soaked in Recharge
20210421_130925.jpg
20210421_130957.jpg
20210421_131033.jpg

20210421_131114.jpg

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Nicely document photos on the Privet.
And,
Yeah...that’s a very cool Rick. I’d bet, if it could talk, it would speak about a fantastic voyage to get to the surface where you collected it. There is some fabulous spellbinding history that rock has seen.

The color change is particularly interesting. Interesting minerals and clays.

Darth Masiah

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Yeah...that’s a very cool rock. I’d bet, if it could talk, it would speak about a fantastic voyage to get to the surface where you collected it. There is some fabulous spellbinding history that rock has seen.

The color change is particularly interesting. Interesting minerals and clays.
the brown is clay dirt. i haven't washed it off as i was enjoying the little piece of moss that looked like a tree on the side of a cliff. upon further inspection of the area, i saw that this type of rock was mixed in with the granite they layed down around the parameter of the property where the woodline is and the security fence went up. water has been running over it for the last 10 yrs or so it looks like. or dripping on it. first place pops in my head when i picked it up was papua new guinea. 😁

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
the brown is clay dirt. i haven't washed it off as i was enjoying the little piece of moss that looked like a tree on the side of a cliff. upon further inspection of the area, i saw that this type of rock was mixed in with the granite they layed down around the parameter of the property where the woodline is and the security fence went up. water has been running over it for the last 10 yrs or so it looks like. or dripping on it. first place pops in my head when i picked it up was papua new guinea. 😁
The rock....and the plant. A nice pair together made for viewing. I’d leave the clay alone and not wash it off intentionally. Nice find.

Darth Masiah

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
The rock....and the plant. A nice pair together made for viewing. I’d leave the clay alone and not wash it off intentionally. Nice find.
exactly what i was going to do. thanks for the props

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
damn, now I'll have to carve a stand and hang out in the suiseki forum more often 😁
next time i find a rock I'm hollerin' suuuuuuuuuuuuuuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii...t 😄🐷😄
I think if you’re in the suiseki forum you might need to wear special sandals or something.

Darth Masiah

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
check out Hiko's progression for his privets. love little bonsai.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
11B
You cutted all the dead-wood of the layer in the base? Or you are waiting when passing it in to a bonsai container 🪚

Top Bottom