Down To Earth's Diatomite Rock

Gary McCarthy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Have you used Axis? I am curious what the particle size is like. It is pŕetty much only available by pallet up here.
My understanding is that the Axis DE and the diatomite rock that I talked about in this thread are the same product. So, what I stated about the particle size of the diatomite rock should apply to the Axis DE.

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My understanding is that the Axis DE and the diatomite rock that I talked about in this thread are the same product. So, what I stated about the particle size of the diatomite rock should apply to the Axis DE.
Down to earth is large particle 2-7mm, axis is still smaller like optisorb(from their site).

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I been finding things grow better in the smalls.

Go figure.

Any pics showing better growth in bigs?

Or Will backwards world win again?

Sorce

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I been finding things grow better in the smalls.

Go figure.

Any pics showing better growth in bigs?

Or Will backwards world win again?

Sorce

I found that too heavy a percentage of small DE was prone to compacting, but many of you have no issue. I do prefer a more even medium sized particle size, but small size still has its uses.20190711_080442.jpg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
compacting

Is this a human observation with a negative connotation because of what humans say?

Or has the tree showed signs of this actually being a negative situation?

I only ask because so much of what we do is based on human BS and not actual observation of tree.

Sorce

G-Hoppa

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I just called Down to Earth because I've been unable to find their larger (2-7 mm) particle "Diatomite Rock" available anywhere - turns out the product has been discontinued. So unless some nursery happens to have the last few bags on a shelf, it looks like there is no current retail source for a larger particle size.

Top Bottom