Euonymus : From the growing field into pot

Jacos

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Hello all,

Today I potted up one of my flowering tree's out of my growing bed.
It's a +12 year old spindle tree (euonymus europaeus)

In the US & Bible, also known as burning bush.
Aldo I believe, burning bush rather is euonymus alatus and maybe not euonymus europaeus..?
I do not know... ask Moses.

Anyway i bought this plant as a pre-bonsai about 10years ago, and eventually put it in the growing bed.
It stayed there 7 years, with the usual treatments.

Today I dug it out, washed out the roots, pruned the roots and put it in a pot I bought from Peter Krebs.
The pot is a bit to big now, but i want it to grow some more...

Tree in the growing bed:
Euonymus 0.jpg

Tree just lifted:
euonymus 1.jpg

Tree secured into the pot:
Euonymus 2.jpg

Tree in my soil mix after some initial pruning:
Euonymus 3.jpg

So job finished for today..styling can begin.
Any thoughts, idea's ..shoot.

Looks like it's off to a good start. Use clip and grow to keep the branching compact.

Nice tree. You don't perhaps got a picture of it in its autumn colours?

Good stuff! I have one of these euonymus europa im going to plant in the ground in a few days.

Update september, 28 2016:
The tree had a good growing season, no major problems since march 2016 when it was lifted out of the growing field.
Besides some light summer pruning, watering and fertilisation nothing was done.
Result : The tree looks a little bit disordely, but am sure it has gained strenght and in autumn I will do some more pruning and detailled wiring.

enjoy the fruit:
euonymus sept 2016ps.jpg

Detail:
euonymus sept2 2016ps.jpg

nice tree
i bought a big euonymus japonicum bush today !
to bad mine is going to stay green all Year arround so no fall collors so ill enjoy yours :p

Nice growing out result. The trunk has developed well! Promises me something for 2 I have planted in spring. Just 6 more years of waiting. Sigh.

I would consider reducing the canopy n thiss one a bit. Maybe to 1/2 of the current size. I think it would help to overall impression of the tree though. Love the fall coulors!

I would really like to see this tree if you are still around and you still have it

Back
Top Bottom