Ever adopt a wild tree?

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
No not digging up yamadori.
Just seeing a small tree during a walkabout and decide to care for it?
Maybe wire, maybe prune....maybe who knows?

Just a goofy thought today while watching the incessant fucking rain and wind continuing day after fucking day for the past 2 months with more of the shit on the way.

Scorpius

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
No not digging up yamadori.
Just seeing a small tree during a walkabout and decide to care for it?
Maybe wire, maybe prune....maybe who knows?

Just a goofy thought today while watching the incessant fucking rain and wind continuing day after fucking day for the past 2 months with more of the shit on the way.
Not that long ago you California folks were wanting to pump my Lake Michigan dry for your water needs.

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
We ARE Michigan. Cold, dreary,
Not that long ago you California folks were wanting to pump my Lake Michigan dry for your water needs.

And not that long ago, Michiganders were coming out here in flocks and droves to get away from constantly miserable weather.

ShimpakuBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
Last year I visited the Marker Wadden (creating new land and ecosystem within the largest lake of the Netherlands) see the quote below and the website for more info about this project.

Natuurmonumenten (Dutch Society for Nature Conservation) and Rijkswaterstaat (the executive agency of the Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management) are restoring one of the largest freshwater lakes in western Europe by constructing islands, marshes and mud flats from the sediments that have accumulated in the lake in recent decades. These 'Marker Wadden' will form a unique ecosystem that will boost biodiversity in the Netherlands.
Link: https://www.natuurmonumenten.nl/projecten/marker-wadden/english-version

When I was walking there I saw a young Willow tree and the branches were entangled and I just had to do something about that.
I released the branches so that they could grow freely and grow better in my opinion.

Maybe I will see this tree in it's full glory in a few years time if I visit the Marker Wadden again.

Top Bottom