Ficus 'Banyan Style" Needs a new home

ericN

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
A move is on my horizon. We are moving to a new place in 2 months, great school district for my daughter but the condo we are moving into will limit my growing area.

Its sad but I need to part with my "Banyan Style' Ficus tree. I have been developing this tree for almost 7 years now. This tree is grown and developed exclusively indoors with a very simple setup. Whole progression of this tree and a critique from Bjorn is on this tread http://bonsainut.com/forums/showthread.php?3293-ficus-retusa-progression . It is in a 'Sara Ryner' pot and it was shown last summer at the Chicago Midwest Bonsai Show.

Since winter is almost upon us, and shipping might be a little risky for tropicals this time of the year, I would rather have it as 'pick-up only' . Anyone interested in making an offer, shoot me a pm.

Eric

Desktop1.jpg 2007-2013 progression.jpg

Last edited:

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I would potentially be interested, but Chicago is a bit far for me to pick up a tree. If you decide you're willing to ship then we should chat. It's a nice tree and could be extraordinary with a few more years.

tmmason10

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
This is a great tree, but I agree I'm not local enough to pick it up. Someone will enjoy it though.

ericN

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I know local pick-up will basically limit the market possibility, but I'm not willing to risk shipping the tree with winter upon us.

To all interested, shoot me an offer and you might get a very good deal :rolleyes:

Eric

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I understand - I wouldn't want to risk a tree that I'd worked on for years. it would be a shame to lose as the time and effort put into the tree. If I make it up there for work like I sometimes do, then I'll give you a shout.

JGRJR

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I am interested in this Ficus

Eric

I am interested in this ficus. Have you sold it? I can arrange for Chicago pickup.

Thanks

John

I understand - I wouldn't want to risk a tree that I'd worked on for years. it would be a shame to lose as the time and effort put into the tree. If I make it up there for work like I sometimes do, then I'll give you a shout.

Top Bottom