Ficus retusa

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I live in Japan. Is there a way to get a real Ficus retusa?

Might seem an odd question considering the prevalence of bonsai in Japan but are there no ficus for sale in Japan?

If not then it will probably depend on how strict importation regulations are on plant material into Japan

Hking

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Might seem an odd question considering the prevalence of bonsai in Japan but are there no ficus for sale in Japan?

If not then it will probably depend on how strict importation regulations are on plant material into Japan
I want a real Ficus retusa that is native to the Malay Archipelago. There are also bonsai of ficus retusa in Japan.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I want a real Ficus retusa that is native to the Malay Archipelago. There are also bonsai of ficus retusa in Japan.
Ok, I am confused
Do you not consider the bonsai available to be a real Ficus retusa or are you looking for a non bonsai plant?
Or you want something shipped directly from the Malay archipelago?

Any Ficus retusa will be the right species. It doesnt need to be collected and shipped from the Malay archipelago.

Hking

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Ok, I am confused
Do you not consider the bonsai available to be a real Ficus retusa or are you looking for a non bonsai plant?
Or you want something shipped directly from the Malay archipelago?

Any Ficus retusa will be the right species. It doesnt need to be collected and shipped from the Malay archipelago.
I know that the type that is sold under the name Ficus retusa is actually Ficus microcarpa.

What I want is the real Ficus retusa that is native to the Malay Archipelago. Not Ficus microcarpa.

Hking

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
わかりました、混乱しています
入手可能な盆栽が本物のフィカス レトゥーサであるとは考えていませんか、それとも盆栽ではない植物をお探しですか?
それともマレー諸島から直接発送されるものをご希望ですか?

どのFicus retusaも適切な種になります。マレー諸島から収集して発送する必要はありません。

Attachments

• 20231231-1210_8554215bfff8faede88173646b542529.jpeg
    20231231-1210_8554215bfff8faede88173646b542529.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 14

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I know that the type that is sold under the name Ficus retusa is actually Ficus microcarpa.

What I want is the real Ficus retusa that is native to the Malay Archipelago. Not Ficus microcarpa.
Ok you didn't explain that they are mislabeled in stores there.

Not sure how anyone here will be able to help you if the species isn't available in Japan. If it has to come from outside Japan, you will have to look into Japanese import regulations and find a seller that can comply with them.

Good luck

Top Bottom