First Night Below 60F

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I decided to give them all a trim and brought them all down to the basement. I figure its only gona be another week or so before they are going to have to come in anyway so this crosses that off the list and I can worry about other fall/winter prep instead of having to do the dance with the trops.
yeah, we did this last week. Once temps drop towards the danger zone, they come in. And stay in. Too little time in life to start lugging trees in and out.

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
yeah, we did this last week. Once temps drop towards the danger zone, they come in. And stay in. Too little time in life to start lugging trees in and out.
Threw them all out again into the great outdoors. Nothing below 36 for a week, hitting 70 on Thurs and it's just too stressful seeing them all inside so procrastinating the inevitable! Two ficuses and the fukien have "burnt" tops but hoping they'll bounce back. :)😄
Hit me up next April to see how they're doing.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Was predicted to go below 40 last night but got to about 42 at around 4AM.
I brought the tropicals into the garage last night.
Tonight is supposed to be in the 40s. The rest of the week looks ok with lows in the 50s and highs in the 60s and I could leave them out.

I decided to give them all a trim and brought them all down to the basement. I figure its only gona be another week or so before they are going to have to come in anyway so this crosses that off the list and I can worry about other fall/winter prep instead of having to do the dance with the trops.Thef
I rushed mine in Thursday night with a forecast down to 31, then spent several hours Friday getting them all arranged in their winter home. The forecast this week looks like I could probably eek out another week outside, but it's not worth the hassle of dragging them all out again.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I rushed mine in Thursday night with a forecast down to 31, then spent several hours Friday getting them all arranged in their winter home. The forecast this week looks like I could probably eek out another week outside, but it's not worth the hassle of dragging them all out again.

I only have 8 tropicals so it doesnt take all that much time but I have to keep an area in the garage clear just in case.
Putting them in thier winter quarters lets us get other winter prep done (bonsai related and non bonsai related) without worry for that space.

Top Bottom