Reaction score
USDA Zone
Great color dave! I never get much.

tmmason10

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Looking very nice, great progression. To get a compliment from Al who may be one of the better trident workers here says it all

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
You really do have wonderful progression threads. It's inspiring to see where you've come with this in such a short time. Gives us all hope that if we are bold enough to do what needs to be done, we can have good trees. Good timing on a lesson I need to learn...
Thanks!

Phillip C

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
211.jpg

Hot a great progressive post. I am new (started last Spring) and have a trident in a nursery pot now. I have learned a great deal from these posts and am ready to do some work with mine this coming spring. Also, to use a word I learned yesterday, the tree seems to have great nebari judging from the earliest posts. Thanks for taking me along this ride, I appreciate your time and dedication. Phillip C

ps I will post a shot of mine to show you what I have for inspiration from yours. Great job. Still have an unresolved question that was raised. Do you do heavy pruning in late fall/early winter or in the Spring before bud break? Thanks pc

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Phillip, glad you enjoyed and can learn from my postings. I do all the major cutting/sawing/grinding (styling cuts) just before bud break in spring. I only make rough cuts (leaving lots of wood/room for error) after leaf drop, mostly to reduce the space it was taking up during the winter months in the garage. Keep in mind that our climates are quite different, so you may be able to do things a bit different in Atlanta.

Dave

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Tree is coming along very nicely! Good to see...

Chris

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well, it is time for the annual spring shot.

Attachments

• rps20120511_114349.jpg
    rps20120511_114349.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 110

CHUCHIN

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Update especially now... Id love to see it in its nude state.

QuintinBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So much for a progression photo. It doesn't look like this person has been active since December of 2012. :p

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I believe the OP is one of the people who left over the removal of a certain, controversial off topic board.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
I believe the OP is one of the people who left over the removal of a certain, controversial off topic board.

I doubt that had anything to do with it. Dave was becoming less active here during 2012, and as far as I remember, he was either never or hardly ever in the Karaoke Bar. Most of the time, people who no longer post have just moved on and it has nothing to do with anything here at Bnut.

CHUCHIN

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I doubt that had anything to do with it. Dave was becoming less active here during 2012, and as far as I remember, he was either never or hardly ever in the Karaoke Bar. Most of the time, people who no longer post have just moved on and it has nothing to do with anything here at Bnut.

Too bad...It would have been great to see now than...

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Career change. Nothing to do with off topic forums. Thanks for the interest. I will try to get a shot uploaded soon.

Dave

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Hey Dave, good to see you are still kickin! Looking forward to an update...

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here goes. Hope this works.

Attachments

• 20140422_120749.jpg
    20140422_120749.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 43
Top Bottom