Happy Fourth of July Folks!

AaronThomas

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
😂
Happy 4th Randy!!!!
Glad you were able to pick up the trees... what a deal we got!

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Did I miss someone already posting this? I have been on the road to Tucson this AM picking up some nice cypress thanks to the AZ King of Cyprus @AaronThomas.

No truer words spoken or needed:

View attachment 313664
not seen it before. What is the pinterest post in relation to, or how do you read it?

sorry.. 4th of july.. independence from the uK right?

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Happy 4th to you as well! I was busy hanging out with family!

Yes... though at the time it wasn't the UK - it was Great Britain.

We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these United Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States; that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do. And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

The Pinterest post refers to the incredible risks the people took when they declared independence from Great Britain. They were immediately declared traitors and outlaws. Of the 56 men who signed the Declaration of Independence, five were captured by the British and killed. Nine fought and died from wounds or hardships in the Revolutionary War. Twelve had their homes ransacked and burned. Several others who were wealthy men had their livelihoods destroyed and died in poverty. So the 4th of July is a bittersweet holiday in the states... we celebrate our independence, while remembering the incredible sacrifices made.

Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Randy, pics of the trees, how many did you get, any extras?

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
not seen it before. What is the pinterest post in relation to, or how do you read it?

That was just a screen shot so you do not have to open anything. The words in red are a quote from President Harry Truman

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Randy, pics of the trees, how many did you get, any extras?
20200704_125533.jpg
I got 4 yesterday. Going to cut the tap roots down a bit and stick them back in a 15 gallon pot. Will do major root work next season and put them all in grow boxes. Plan is to keep one sell the other 3.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
View attachment 313731
I got 4 yesterday. Going to cut the tap roots down a bit and stick them back in a 15 gallon pot. Will do major root work next season and put them all in grow boxes. Plan is to keep one sell the other 3.

Nice! Thank you.. wasn’t sure if it was “too forward” of me to ask, also.

😜

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@AaronThomas got 2. I have not seen them yet maybe he will post a picture up. I was happy he let me get in on the deal! I will post some better pic today with perspective.

Top Bottom