Hard wood C Elm cuttings

Davidlpf

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi, today 22/04/2020 I had added some poison for slugs into the cuttings "bottle-houses" because I had seen some stems eaten and slug tracks in one of them. They could have passed through the small breathing holes in the plastic.

But, anyway, the cuttings are doing really well: all have leaves, and someones have roots even on the trunks, so probably will have 100% of success :cool:

Cheers!

Brim Gribley

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The hardwood cutting are coming along nicely
Today 01/03/2020 I had open the bottle for a while and taken some photos
View attachment 286125
View attachment 286126
View attachment 286124
View attachment 286123

And a video

After the video show, I sealed again the thing
View attachment 286122

I'll keep reporting.

Cheers
Looking great! Have you ever heard of using willow water to soak the sphagnum? I would like to prop some C. Elm hardwood cuttings early spring, I will definitely try this method, Thank you.

Davidlpf

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
And, final outcome? All rooted?
Fat slugs and dead cuttings 🥵
Looking great! Have you ever heard of using willow water to soak the sphagnum? I would like to prop some C. Elm hardwood cuttings early spring, I will definitely try this method, Thank you.
Thanks for the tip, I'll try it the next time.

Cheers.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
When I was a kid, we would take a stick and look for snails, "garden snails". My father would grow some in sort of grow-boxes with mesk on top so they wouldn't "run" away.

And a friend of mine made a business from it, selling them mainly at Xmas time. He even made "Snail Caviar" with the eggs. Very pricy...

It's excellent when well-prepared, and very good for health too :

A reasonable amount of snails and mariguana, with a low-meat diet, and you'll die happy at 120 years old... ♥️

:)

Reaction score
USDA Zone
11B
Hi, today 22/04/2020 I had added some poison for slugs into the cuttings "bottle-houses" because I had seen some stems eaten and slug tracks in one of them. They could have passed through the small breathing holes in the plastic.

But, anyway, the cuttings are doing really well: all have leaves, and someones have roots even on the trunks, so probably will have 100% of success :cool:

Cheers!
You will sell them?

Davidlpf

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
When I was a kid, we would take a stick and look for snails, "garden snails". My father would grow some in sort of grow-boxes with mesk on top so they wouldn't "run" away.

And a friend of mine made a business from it, selling them mainly at Xmas time. He even made "Snail Caviar" with the eggs. Very pricy...

It's excellent when well-prepared, and very good for health too :

A reasonable amount of snails and mariguana, with a low-meat diet, and you'll die happy at 120 years old... ♥️

:)
French people use to eat all kind of stranger stuff!! :p
You will sell them?
Never sell the bear's skin before one has killed the beast.

If You are interested, You can get small leaf elms starters here click,click

Cheers

Top Bottom