Hello, fellow bonsai nuts

Scorpius

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Hi everyone. Nice to meet you. Long time lurker and I figured why the hell not sign up.

I'm 34 and have been into bonsai on and off since I was a teenager. I have an addiction to growing trees in pots. The rarer the better. My favorites are Japanese Cork Bark Black pines and Japanese Maples.

Back in 2014 I got back into bonsai and the past two years I've gotten serious into the horticultural side. soils, fertilizers, watering etc., of keeping trees alive and healthy. I hope to learn styling and the actual art side here in the next few years or so.

AcerAddict

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Welcome!
My favorites are [...] Japanese Maples.
I think we're going to get along just fine.

I see you're from NW Indiana. I spent the first decade of my life in a little town called Chesterton. It's not far from Gary, Valparaiso, Michigan City, etc. Ever heard of it? Chesterton is semi-famous now because that's where comedian Jim Gaffigan is from. I saw him live a few years with my wife and yelled out "Chesterton, wooo!" 😆

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Welcome Aboard to Bonsai Nut!

Looking forward to seeing your future posts from Indiana.

Cheers
DSD sends

Scorpius

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Welcome!

I think we're going to get along just fine.

I see you're from NW Indiana. I spent the first decade of my life in a little town called Chesterton. It's not far from Gary, Valparaiso, Michigan City, etc. Ever heard of it? Chesterton is semi-famous now because that's where comedian Jim Gaffigan is from. I saw him live a few years with my wife and yelled out "Chesterton, wooo!" 😆
I know where that is. I'm about half an hour south of that area. Small world we live in.

Kodama

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
Hey welcome! Glad to see another BNut from Indiana. I'm in Pulaski Co. so might be close. This site and it's members are great. So addicting.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Welcome to the nut house.

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hope you have started growing some material years ago. If not it is still not late for your age. If you start now, in 10 years you will have lots of nice material to play with. You don't need to do much other than let them grow.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Hope you have started growing some material years ago. If not it is still not late for your age. If you start now, in 10 years you will have lots of nice material to play with. You don't need to do much other than let them grow.
Don't start when you are in your sixties like me. Everything becomes a bit of a rush :)

Top Bottom