Hello!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Hello all! New to this site as well as to bonsai. I am a collector of succulents and cacti and have found a new love for bonsai. I live in Denver, CO and work as a chef at a restaurant here.

I started off with a dwarf jade bonsai and quickly wanted another. About two months ago I acquired a young juniper from a bonsai nursery in my area, and recently found a very little red pine that was sprouting up next to a larger one and realized he was going to be competing his entire life and probably wouldn't make it, so I carefully removed him and re planted him back at home.

Going to get some pictures up soon. Looking forward to learning on this site!

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi Jordan and welcome to bonsai. I'm also a fan of cacti but mainly for the flowers. Echinopsis. Your little pine is a good start. Except for keeping it healthy with watering and with most any good balanced fertilizer weekly during the growing season don't worry about any pruning or wiring until it gets well established. It's small enough so maybe a couple of years. If the soil drains well and it has at least partial sun without getting cooked in the hot weather watering daily in dry weather is a good idea as long as it's not freezing. Even one day of drying out will kill almost any tree. There should be at least one local Bonsai club so getting together with these folks is a great way to start out. Best of fortune.

klosi

Shohin
Reaction score
Interesting way of loering that branch on junioer :) if you have it placed inside (it looks like from the pic), put it out, preferably on the sun. It will not survive indoors. For your pine keel it in full sun, and leave it to grow for a few years.
Anyway nice cacti! Good luck.

Top Bottom