Help ID this tree

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Last year I picked this thinking that it was a beech tree since it sprouted right next to the the large beech, but now i realize that it's not and I can't figure out what kind of tree is it.
Maybe someone in here could help.20180703_054816.jpg20180628_183316.jpg

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
poison ivy and box elder seedlings look alot alike. Box elder have opposite buds, like other maples. Poison ivy has alternate buds. I can't tell which from those photos

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Agreed, leaf arrangement looks alternate to me but can't be sure from the photos.

cbroad

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Oh noooo!!! That's definitely poison ivy, but it does looks really healthy:D:D:D

Last edited:

queenofsheba52

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Another vote for poison ivy. I should know, my woods is full of it. Some of the vines are two inches thick; leaves are bigger than my hand! Fortunat3ly I'm not affected by it.

amatbrewer

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
That’s so great. If not sensitive to it, I say roll with it!:cool:

I agree. Maybe it's just my twisted sense of humor but I've long thought poison ivy as bonsai would be hilarious.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Priceless. Save this question for April 1, 2019. I’m starting to itch just looking at it.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Thanks guys. After thinking about it I have decided to discard it as my 4 year old likes to water my trees and I'm afraid that he might come in contact with it.

Top Bottom