Help! Table Salt in My soil.

Ophymirage

Seed
Reaction score
My cats got into my bonsai knocked it over and then knocked a dish of table salt that I had near it half awake and frantic I packed the soil back into it not thinking about the salt I dont think there are more then say a dozen grains of salt directly in the soil? but does it need fresh soil now? if its a problem how urgent is it?
(its a 3 yr. old juniper , that was sort of a special gift so im really freaking out, I also realize now that it should have been kept outside to begin with)

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
That amount of salt should have no affect on the tree. Be sure the tree is packed well back into the pot, water it thoroughly, several times until water is flowing freely out of the drain holes. When you move it outside, keep it in the shade and don't let it freeze for now.

Ophymirage

Seed
Reaction score
alright thank you , i also live in an area with harsh winters lots of snow and ice for months do you have any advice as far as inside/outside?

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
We need more info on the where stuff, partly because this shouldn't be inside, a juniper kept inside won't last long.

Top Bottom