"Help with Layering a Linden"

docs_bonsai

Yamadori
Reaction score
I'm searching the boards for information on layering a little leaf linden (Tilia cordata). Haven't found anything! I taken hard and softwood cuttings with no success. The seeds are extremely hard to propagate and that would take years. I've layered tons of trees. I know each species is different and I don't want to just start cutting. A few people suggested that my environment is not suited for lindens. But the tree loves the environment, it's growing like crazy. What do you guys think? Has anyone had success layering a linden and if so how did you do it? What was your technique? What suggestions can you offer me in this situation?

Attachments

• CIMG3812.jpg
    CIMG3812.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 67

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Your environment? For a starter add your general location and USDA climate zone. That will be helpful.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Others posting here should also add their location and USDA zone to their profile. It really is helpful information.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
There is a section inside Account Details when you tap/click on your square identity icon. This is the location of information. Example photo….
IMG_3936.jpeg

Ininaatigoons

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I have now purchased a 1 gallon Tilia Cordata 'lico' grafted dwarf. I'll try to do a couple cuttings this year. Not at all big enough to do a layer.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
A dozen years later. Any update? I might want to add one to my collection.
No update. The tree must have landed on the scrappy tree shelf….or just scrapped. I hope that your cuttings take well. I have seen these trees display interesting varied multi-color leaves in the autumn.

Top Bottom