Help with Pot Selection

thomas22

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm always looking for sources of bonsai pots. It's strange, when I go on the House of Bonai website, the selection is almost nil (one set of glazed mame pots, one set of unglazed mame pots and a bunch of plastic pots). I guess you have to go to the nursery to see their selection. Anyway, congratulations on your purchase!
You are corect about House of Bonsai website vs nursery items. They have about 150 pots and about 5000 trees to choose from at the nursery vs 10 pots and 30 trees on the website.

armetisius

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I wasn't sure what section to post this under but oh well. I'm currently looking for a pot for my Duranta which is my Box Store Entry Tree. What do you think about shape, glazed, or unglazed, and color? If my foliage is 12'' wide about how wide should my pot be? Here is my tree and a few pots I like. Let me know your thoughts. I still have another month to refine this tree and its growing like crazy.

View attachment 109725 View attachment 109728 View attachment 109729
Think it will be lovely in the glazed one when in fruit.
Yellow orange right?
All really depends on which season you want it to look
its best in.

thomas22

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Think it will be lovely in the glazed one when in fruit.
Yellow orange right?
All really depends on which season you want it to look
its best in.
I haven't seen this tree fruit yet but I know Duranta has different color flowers and fruit. Not even sure what variety I have exactly.

Top Bottom