Here crossing my fingers and hoping for bonsai buds

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I introduced bonsai to a local conservationist. We dug up a bunch of bald cypress and he had half a dozen. It a tiny bit late in the season and I hope they will bud for him. I am hoping he gets bit hard and becomes a bonsai nut. Time will tell. Right now he is already asking for species he can dig up next.

At the very least, he is now some what open to the idea of turning the ones with weak and gnarly growth into bonsai.

Frozentreehugger

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
am I missing something why does it matter that he is a conservationist .🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ Most bonsai people that dig Yamadori. Care more about the environment the trees grow in then other people . Same as my other hobby most fisherman care more about the Fish habitat

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
am I missing something why does it matter that he is a conservationist .🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ Most bonsai people that dig Yamadori. Care more about the environment the trees grow in then other people . Same as my other hobby most fisherman care more about the Fish habitat
It matters to be because he has planted thousands of trees. Of course not all will grow straight and strong. I am teaching him to turn the so called weaker one into bonsai.

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Bonsai buds…..🤔…...Bonsai a cannabis plant was my first thought…. And I’m not ashamed to admit it 😂

Frozentreehugger

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Been reading about BC being a northerner I know nothing about them . Interesting tree i of course have seen pics of the bonsai . But did not know they were related to thuja . Must be a work out to search and dig them . How wet Fido you find them

Frozentreehugger

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Bonsai buds…..🤔…...Bonsai a cannabis plant was my first thought…. And I’m not ashamed to admit it 😂
Weed was made legal 2 years ago in Canada . Every person can have up to 4 plants . One guy I work with is into the knife and sword making thing . He makes handles for knifes out of his plants trunk 🤷‍♂️

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Weed was made legal 2 years ago in Canada . Every person can have up to 4 plants . One guy I work with is into the knife and sword making thing . He makes handles for knifes out of his plants trunk 🤷‍♂️
That’s pretty neat!

Top Bottom