how soon after juniper repot can I begin to wire and style

Adrian

Sapling
Reaction score
Hi,:D

I just repotted a juniper shimpaku out of yucky soil and a into training pot filled with a coarse free draining mix. I used wire to secure it in the pot and I have it in a shady area and have been misting it daily. I didn't cut any roots but just raked out the roots a little and removed some of the yucky wet soil from under the root ball.

when would it be safe to work on this tree - wiring, light pruning etc? i've never repotted properly before so its all new to me and any guidance would be great.

thank you

Adrian:)

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Probably best to let it grow for a while into your summer..give it 3-4 months to recover and get growing strong first.

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
At least 6 years, you guys are on the bottom side of the world and with the gravitational disparity "down under" compared to the normal side of the world if you mess with the juniper before this time its likely to fall out of the pot and and completely off the earth winding up in outer space where the lack of oxygen would kill it, so better safe than sorry.

Or maybe not, what the hell do I know anyway? :p ...

ed

Adrian

Sapling
Reaction score
At least 6 years, you guys are on the bottom side of the world and with the gravitational disparity "down under" compared to the normal side of the world if you mess with the juniper before this time its likely to fall out of the pot and and completely off the earth winding up in outer space where the lack of oxygen would kill it, so better safe than sorry.

Or maybe not, what the hell do I know anyway? :p ...

ed

very funny :). my pots are all nailed, glued and cemented to the work bench. as are my wife and two children (we lost one to space last year).

Joedes3

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks for starting my day with a chuckle.

Last edited:

Adrian

Sapling
Reaction score
no worries!!!:)

we lads down under are a special breed. It is very hard to make a tree compact when you have to deal with a black hole everyday...

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
very funny :). my pots are all nailed, glued and cemented to the work bench. as are my wife and two children (we lost one to space last year).

What a waste of cement and glue...

Top Bottom