Hydroponic Techniques for Bonsai

any luck fighting bacteria? I keep getting white slime even with no/low nutrients. I am doing everything I can think of to keep this water close to sterile.

Interesting point. Have you read anything from anyone who tried it?

I've tried this quite a few times, and as long as you wash the dirt off and put it moist media within a reasonable time it works great. I've transplanted a few mallsai into hydroton and also coarse perlite, and also regular garden vegis.

I've had my hydroponic pre-bonsai's growing in the grow tent I built for over a year and a half.

p.s, you CAN grow a juniper inside (grow one, not just keep it struggling alive).

Your lights just need to bright enough and close enough without burning the foliage.

I've had my experiment documented at another bonsai forum; I just found this forum and thread a few days ago.

The pic I attached is the juniper in question, taken about 3 months ago. It's still growing fine, but slower since I changed lighting and moved it further away from the light's main focal area.

Attachments

• 20140308_165350.jpg
    20140308_165350.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 42
I've tried this quite a few times, and as long as you wash the dirt off and put it moist media within a reasonable time it works great. I've transplanted a few mallsai into hydroton and also coarse perlite, and also regular garden vegis.

I've had my hydroponic pre-bonsai's growing in the grow tent I built for over a year and a half.

p.s, you CAN grow a juniper inside (grow one, not just keep it struggling alive).

Your lights just need to bright enough and close enough without burning the foliage.

I've had my experiment documented at another bonsai forum; I just found this forum and thread a few days ago.

The pic I attached is the juniper in question, taken about 3 months ago. It's still growing fine, but slower since I changed lighting and moved it further away from the light's main focal area.

What kind of lighting are you using?
What's your feed schedule?
What brand of nutrients are you using?

I am wanting to put some of my pre bonsai maples in my flood table.

Also,if grown inside under say metal halides and/or High Pressure Sodium bulbs, do deciduous go through a dormant period, or would they just skip it and keep on growing?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom