Can anyone name this species?
Shigaraki Pot.

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wow! What a reputation I have. This is a legitimate question. I know it's ivy, but I wish to know which ivy. It is old, and it belonged to my since passed wife. She grew it in the bedroom next to a window since at least 1997, and I'm not sure before that. Hell as far as I know she brought it with her when we got married in 1984 and I just never paid attention to it.

I have taken it to a couple nurseries and they tell me a name but it's always followed with " but I'm not for sure."

I'm looking for that guy or gal that has one, can show a picture of theirs and knows exactly which one it is. Thats why I showed it here.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
First thing I thought of.....

Looks a lot like Hedera helix ‘Pedata’
I pasted that name into google and it gave two pictures that look just like it and then 50 others that look nothing like it. That's probably it though. Thanks.

The nurseries just call it Pin Ivy

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I thought it was related to the "subspecies of tridents thread" and it was a trident bait question!
nah...that thread was a joke..... I just bailed on that one.....

Shima

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11A
I entered "Ivy" in search and got nuthin'. "Ivy bonsai" got everything but. Here's one I left behind. Almost as thick as my thigh. Took it to a monthly REBS workshop with Mas Imazumi and he said "It's just ivy." Yeah well..I still liked it. Got me looking at the base of old ivy covering a wall. I had planned to graft small leaf kind but never got to it. Wish I'd brought it with me. :rolleyes:ivy-2.jpg

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That poster has a whole bunch but none really look like it

Top Bottom