I don't like yew.

VERMONT USA !!!!

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If you are going to power carve the tree make sure you use a respirator or at least a dust mask; the wood is toxic.
I had 'ever wanted to take care of yew for that.
Everything of this tree is toxic.
Fruit are edible but the seed inside is really dangerous 🤣

But this is a good tree to give for a step mother !!

Reaction score
Very nice Yew, you have done well with it. It only needs a few years to ramify and grow over some of the cuts.
Thanks Vance
Yannick and I had a discussion to shorten the right branch and make the lower left branch speak more. what are your thoughts about that? He's definitely going in the right direction. Thank you for your compliment.

Reaction score
D
I had 'ever wanted to take care of yew for that.
Everything of this tree is toxic.
Fruit are edible but the seed inside is really dangerous 🤣

But this is a good tree to give for a step mother !!
Did Yew know that they find stuff in yew that could tread cancer? Everything in the world is toxic. Prehaps your step mother is toxic too.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
One has to wonder just what kind of person owns a bunny pot? I'm not saying you're a bad person,

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Yes Officer, that's my car, but I don't know where that stuff in the glove box came from...

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Nice work ruben this piece has great potentional!
Can you share what the things are that bother you?

Reaction score
Nice work ruben this piece has great potentional!
Can you share what the things are that bother you?
the jin bothers me a bit. he is very dominant. I find it difficult to visualize what it looks like when the tree is fuller. the left trunk could be built a little lower and on the rear trunk I would like another branch at the bottom.

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
the jin bothers me a bit. he is very dominant. I find it difficult to visualize what it looks like when the tree is fuller. the left trunk could be built a little lower and on the rear trunk I would like another branch at the bottom.
Now that you mention the jin i see what you mean then again its easy to reduce it but making it taller/bigger will be impossible.
it might be a decision to make if the apex final height is reached to see if it will be sticking out above or if its to much.
Branches and reducing a trunk is something you will fix eventualy.
If you like i can fire up my photoshop later this week to try and virtualy fill the pads and apex ?

Top Bottom