I'm Infected!!!

NBLD

Seed
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
So, is it normal to take a bonsai intro class and to now be daydreaming about collecting while driving?

I think I have caught the bug.

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes even just trying it once can result in a life debilitating addiction.

fredtruck

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes. Quite a few times I've seen some outstanding tree off in the distance and been brought back to my senses by a stifled scream from my wife as we careen down the Interstate. It's much worse on 2-lane roads, but there are so many more trees...

PaulH

Omono
Reaction score
Absolutely normal!
I've never taken a road trip with my bonsai buddy Greg without several sudden stops to enjoy roadside trees. I do try to control it when my wife is in the car, though.

FrankP999

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I always have a camera in case I see a tree in nature whose style I like. Even a cell phone camera image will capture the lines and shapes for future reference.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Yes. Quite a few times I've seen some outstanding tree off in the distance and been brought back to my senses by a stifled scream from my wife as we careen down the Interstate. It's much worse on 2-lane roads, but there are so many more trees...

Exactly...wait until you're trying to explain this to the police officer who pulled you over:eek:.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Welcome to B-Nut!

A lot of us seem to have the same symptoms but you'll learn to manage it in time. You'll still have occasional attacks though. :cool:

For now, just stay safe and concentrate on your driving! ;)

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Unfortunately there is no known cure...

That's true; you will either die with it or die because of it.

Driving off a two-hundred foot cliff along a mountain road can be hazardous to your health. Being bitten by a diamond back rattle snake, while sticking your hand under neath a really neat tree while checking out the nebari, can be a problem as well. Being shot by some rancher catching you illegally digging on his property will ruin your day. Being apprehended by some over zealous forrest service worker with a gun and an attitude can make your day, and having a massive heart attack while hiking up a two-thousand-foot mountain can end your day.

AHhhh--- the wonderful and peaceful world of bonsai,----- there's nothing like it out side actual combat.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You forgot to mention the stress induced by countless hours of arguing and bickering about the same topics on bonsainut and other forums! What was that about akadama? :rolleyes:

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
You forgot to mention the stress induced by countless hours of arguing and bickering about the same topics on bonsainut and other forums!

OUCH!!! GOT ME BIG TIME!!! :eek: LOL

I need to ask my doctor to increase my cholesterol and hypertensive meds!!! :rolleyes: Maybe get something else so I'll be catatonic for once. ;)

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That was not directed at you (Dario) or anyone in particular...I think we've all "participated" at one time or another!

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
That was not directed at you (Dario) or anyone in particular...I think we've all "participated" at one time or another!

Oh I know. LOL It is just something I cannot pass up. (as always) ;)

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
You forgot to mention the stress induced by countless hours of arguing and bickering about the same topics on bonsainut and other forums! What was that about akadama? :rolleyes:

I didn't want to get the thing too long so no one would read it but as you grow older you may find yourself drooling over trees instead of hotties in short skirts and tight shirts.

Your adventures will be on the INTERET, as you joust against anyone who disagrees with you, or you disagree with them. Don Quixotes going forth defending the honor of senses real or imagined.

You may be praised, brazed, crazed, and pilloried in the same post. You may even find it necessary to change your on line name because you have made such an ass of yourself using the present name, just to find out you can paint an ass pink but you can't change the stink and within a week everyone will know who the new guy is.

It's the same old guy all over again.

I've thought about it a time or two:---HEE---HAW---HEE--HAW.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
...as you grow older you may find yourself drooling over trees instead of hotties in short skirts and tight shirts.

You know you got infected (and old?) when your bathroom and bedside magazines are bonsai related and no longer have sexy ladies on them. :p :rolleyes:

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
My Wife calls anything I want to do with trees "over ambitious"... :p

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
My Wife calls anything I want to do with trees "over ambitious"... :p

Remember the movie with John Travolta titled phenomenon where he saw a light in the sky and became instantly brilliant? He got the hots for the female lead and the remark at the end of the movie was buy her chairs.

Top Bottom