Is this iotgawa worth $90

Njyamadori

Chumono
Reaction score
So I might buy this tree for $65 + shipping for $90 is it worth it ?

Attachments

• 29D280AD-CABE-42B2-A5F5-8239C613785D.jpeg
    29D280AD-CABE-42B2-A5F5-8239C613785D.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 300

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
In the future when you find a tree and it's a certain price. You should be asking yourself if the tree is worth that price or not.

Price is subjective.......what you may be willing to pay $90 for a plant, I may not and vice versa. You may like that tree while I may not, my opinion should not have any direct influence on you purchasing that tree or not. We might have the same tastes, then again we might not.

Get what you like and not what others like or think you will like.

Njyamadori

Chumono
Reaction score
In the future when you find a tree and it's a certain price. You should be asking yourself if the tree is worth that price or not.

Price is subjective.......what you may be willing to pay $90 for a plant, I may not and vice versa. You may like that tree while I may not, my opinion should not have any direct influence on you purchasing that tree or not. We might have the same tastes, then again we might not.

Get what you like and not what others like or think you will like.
Yeah . I’m a beginner so I have no idea what I’m doing but this is like the only person willing to sell me an iotgawa under 100 . Or if I find someone they know how old I am and ask for my parents permission and email them and stuff which would be a struggle . I just asked for better photos and maybe a video

Njyamadori

Chumono
Reaction score
I told the guy I’m not gonna buy because since I’m young I should get cuttings . If anyone here wants to sell cuttings let me know .

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Looks like a Parsonii.

If it is Shimp that foilage is on the meh side.

Sorce

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
My opinion. And it’s probably not much of a thought seeing as how you going to buy it anyway. I don’t think it’s worth $90. If it’s cuttings you want...go to a local nursery and buy one for less and cut-away as many cuttings as you can manage to grow. And see that you can get the cuttings to grow.

Assumption: You take cuttings and they actually grow...and after cuttings the remaining tree is somewhat worthwhile....otherwise you just tossed out $90. You said that you have no idea what you’re doing....I’d suggest experimenting on something less costly.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Gotta agree with others here. Its a lot to pay for cuttings and the picture doesn't do it for me.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
The guy is asking $65 for the tree.........see if he is a motivated seller and offer him $50.....if the tree is worth it to you for $50.

PA_Penjing

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
The answer will always be subjective. I wouldn't pay $5 for that, especially with the nebari conveniently covered up. But someone who wants a JM broom might pay $150 for it, knowing they could air layer better roots onto it IF the roots suck

Njyamadori

Chumono
Reaction score
I’m trying to find a basic Japanese maple like this but people like this are selling it for $100+

Top Bottom