It was a graveyard smash!!

Eckhoffw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
Looks cool.
What if that little skull on the left was up in its hand on the right?

moke

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Cool a brewin!!! Definitely some old witches brewing something up there. Is that a turtle skull?

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Yep. A small turtle I found on the road. The shells don’t really stand up to truck tires. I can’t believe people hit them, but I see a lot during migration and egg laying times.
The company my husband works for has a hotel on Daytona Beach for the employees and they have yellow lights so as not to confuse the turtles during egg laying time.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Photography tips from an amateur:

In this situation, it often works best to get the camera angle from the "ground level" as if you were standing in the scene yourself looking at the subject. So, camera at the level of the pot, looking up at the vicious dragon, or menacing tree creature.

Dramatic lighting helps. Stark shadows, background lit separately to match the ominous sky, maybe some colored lights if you have them. Use household lamps with directed blinds (maybe tinfoil and cardboard) or desk lamps to to play with multiple lighting directions.

More difficult to do with phone cameras and their autofocus, but leaving all but the subject of the action in a softer focus or even blurred a little can add a sense of drama.

Loving it all so far, though.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Ok.. I tallied from each of our “highest reacted single post”

The totals are..

@moke - 16 reactions.. (1st place.. easily)

@HorseloverFat - 7 reactions

@Eckhoffw - 5 reactions

@Crawforde - 8 Reactions

@bonsaiDerek - 7 Reactions

@Fidur - 7 Reactions..

Congratulations to 1st and second place!!

Thanks ALL for participating..

Give me a minute to figure out this 3-way tie for 3rd place!!

🤣🤣

Top Bottom