Japanese youtube channel I’ve been hooked on

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Along with all the others posted above, here are some more of my favourites

Bonsai shinshi

Bonsai Bossa

Not sure of the English name
Third one is Marunaka BONSAI. - Haven't seen this one yet, but I watch shinshi and Bossa regularily.

For the guys arguing about yamasibon KIWA - He lives in Shikoku somewhere near the mountains. Really is about as country as Japan gets. The reason he has so much great content and basically only collects/propagates his own stock is because he works in forestry, so he finds his trees while he's on the job. I've interacted with him a little on instagram, he seems like a nice guy. Certainly more 'in tune' with nature than most.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
11B
Also I like this not japanese chanels:

Sam doecke, I love this aussie guy its very laid back and funny

Kootenay Bonsai Canada, a lot of cool yamadori and nursery material

Small trees, field grown maples and others

Malix

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
This guy has some great Sekka Hinoki content. He has some fine trees and shows care styling and one on how to propagate cuttings.. Great channel and inspiration.

This ones shows a six year old cutting that looks incredibly developed..

Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
This guy has some great Sekka Hinoki content. He has some fine trees and shows care styling and one on how to propagate cuttings.. Great channel and inspiration.

This channel is the reason I have a clump style air layer in my garden. I couldn't help myself from being inspired and have been using his videos as a textbook of sorts.

Top Bottom