Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a

Beanwagon

Chumono
Reaction score
Fan-TASTIC!!!!

Seriously spectacular.... reminds me of Newer Celtic Illustrations of craggy scapes in some Pagan Mythology books I secretly looked at in my parent’s bookshelves as a young Horselover.
Cheers! I appreciate the feedback. I was going try adding some browns and greys too it.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have long been intrigued by concrete pots having made hypertuffa pots commercially years ago, but my hands are quite full working in clay. Still, with the price of clay rising daily, I may revisit this some day. I used to buy my clay for about 35 cents a pound and now it is a dollar and more a pound.

Joe Dupre'

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Cypress over rock is an unusual pairing from my prospective, but it does look fantastic. Where the cypress grows here in South Louisiana, there are no natural stones. If you find a stone here, you can bet someone hauled it in from a considerable distance for road building or landscaping. I like the bent wire fixture. That should make a bulletproof pot.

Beanwagon

Chumono
Reaction score
I have long been intrigued by concrete pots having made hypertuffa pots commercially years ago, but my hands are quite full working in clay. Still, with the price of clay rising daily, I may revisit this some day. I used to buy my clay for about 35 cents a pound and now it is a dollar and more a pound.

I would love to get into clay.

Cement is quick and can be easy once you get the hang of it.

Beanwagon

Chumono
Reaction score
Cypress over rock is an unusual pairing from my prospective, but it does look fantastic. Where the cypress grows here in South Louisiana, there are no natural stones. If you find a stone here, you can bet someone hauled it in from a considerable distance for road building or landscaping. I like the bent wire fixture. That should make a bulletproof pot.
Thanks.

Definitely an unusual pairing.

Generally speaking I try and not limit myself with having to design bonsai like that appear in nature. It makes it more fun for me.

Top Bottom