Juniperus Sabina ‘Scandia’ #4

Eckhoffw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
Decided to start a progression thread on yet another scandia Sabina.

This one was also on clearance @15$. Which makes it easier to make drastic decisions. Another ‘house money’ juniper, as @Hartinez has coined.

As purchased -Late April-
IMG_8375.jpegIMG_8367.jpegIMG_8374.jpegNice trunk on this one, but had a hard time making decisions early on.IMG_8379.jpegrepotted into a pond basket with pumice, lava, charcoal, wood chips, and some of the soil from the can.IMG_8387.jpegIMG_8393.jpegcleaned up and trimmed somewhat.IMG_8443.jpegIMG_8390.jpegStarting to commit to a design. Removed and jinned a couple large branches IMG_8389.jpegIMG_9197.jpegIMG_9197.jpegSome markup to seeing further reductions. IMG_9187.jpegIMG_9187.jpegI decided the back left branch should also be Jin.IMG_9226.jpegI need to wire out the branches, but for now I’ll give it a break.

Eckhoffw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
This one was looking OK with a decent silhouette, but I decided it was always gonna have an issue with the branching until I reduced it further.
Let’s see if I can pull through this major reduction IMG_0456.jpeg

Eckhoffw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
Today, I Did a little finer wiring to what’s left of this tree. Got some bends in and formed a rough pad layout.

For the most part, I will be letting this one grow to strengthen, after the butchering I did to it last year.IMG_0829.jpeg

Orion_metalhead

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I like that last look a lot, but i know the deadwood is really pointing away from the viewer... wonder if a tilt forward would bring more deadwood into view.

Eckhoffw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
I like that last look a lot, but i know the deadwood is really pointing away from the viewer... wonder if a tilt forward would bring more deadwood into view.
I agree & Good point. I’ll give that a look.

Top Bottom