Kansas Workshops in March

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Grog, Bill Neff, and others:

We'll be having wiring and styling workshops as well as repotting in March.

We will be meeting March 8 and March 22, and working on some trees. Bring your own trees if you like, or lend a hand on others'. A good time will be had by all. PM me for details.

Sashi-eda Bonsai March Workshops

grog

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have to work the weekend of the 8th and 9th but I'll be there the 22nd. Now I just need to rustle up something worth wiring. :)

Maybe if I play my cards right on Valentine's Day I can schmooze the girlfriend into heading to DaSu studio up by Des Moines this weekend. Not a whole lot on the website http://www.bonsaitrees.com/index.html that really catches my eye but maybe it'll be different in person.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Not sure what the weather will hold in later March. But depending on what you can find, we can certainly look at wiring. It'll be good to get together and actually work on trees rather than just talk about them.

bneff

Seedling
Reaction score
I should be there

Hi Chris,

I was just thinking about this the other day, while laying in the recliner under 2 blankets trying to get rid of the flu/cold crap. I'm planning on bringing the Scot's Pine from last time and we can whack & wire! Hopefully the weather will be warming by then.

Bill

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm getting excited about all this. We should have a pretty good crowd both times. I hope we can continue working throughout the year with a larger group. It'll be good to see you.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
This looks like it's going to be great fun, with locals and a few coming from farther away. John Kirby is dropping by and will be bringing some trees that will be available....

grog

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Will John be there the 8th or 22nd? Looks like I'll only be able to make the one on the 22nd. I believe I've scored a rather nice piece of material to work on, should be fun.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well, this is going to be a blast both weekends. Sure hope the weather holds up!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
We had six people altogether on the 8th in spite of bitter temperatures! We moved into the house in the absence of an effective way to heat the shop. I can hardly wait for March 22nd.

You can see some photos of our hardy band and the work here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom