# Larger dark red umber body

vancehanna

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I am not sure where I was going with this one as a demo for my students but somehow it turned into a copy of a Tokoname style traditional. It is not made from forms. It is cut slabs and hand marked with deviations. The pot is was actually a joy to make as it shows the intent and also the hand work. It certainly was not made with expressed ram molding! LOL (not that there's anything wrong with a ram molded pot, heck if I had that tech I'd make a ton of 'em too!)I have inscribed my haiku of Geese who habitat the lake I live on...
IMG_1238_edited copy.jpgIMG_1237_edited.jpgIMG_1239.JPGIMG_1240.JPGIMG_1241.JPGIMG_1242.JPGIMG_1243.JPGIMG_1244.JPGIMG_1245.JPGIMG_1246.JPGIMG_1247.JPGIMG_1248.JPGIMG_1249.JPGIMG_1250.JPGSize is fairly large and it is heavy, sits level see photos. This pot is going to require an conifer something like a Pine or Juniper of size to match the height/depth of the pot. Surprisingly I have Tokoname pots slightly larger than this one which I've paid hundreds ++ for....LOL!

Shipping is $20.00 Auction starts at $175.00 ends midnight Tuesday 30th April for ship Wednesday AM. The first photo somehow does not represent the color correctly as all the balance do.

Orion_metalhead

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
My hope is that the haiku distraction prevents people from realizing the auction is still going on and that tonight after I get home from seeing Armored Saint and Queensryche I get a new pot and the NY Islanders extend their series with the Carolina Hurricanes.

Top Bottom