leaves

lupe21

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
guys whats the deal with burning leaves my hornbeam has had some leaves that look burned like on the edges and in the middle i mean the leaves dont all turned burned just a few ive read that they dont like sun that much so i moved my trees under shade where they only get a couple hours of sun each day so far no new leaves appear with these symptoms and the tree has a bunch of new shoots that look heathly also i dont think it was over fertilizing because my trident doesnt appear to have these symptom thanks guys

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
guys whats the deal with burning leaves my hornbeam has had some leaves that look burned like on the edges and in the middle i mean the leaves dont all turned burned just a few ive read that they dont like sun that much so i moved my trees under shade where they only get a couple hours of sun each day so far no new leaves appear with these symptoms and the tree has a bunch of new shoots that look heathly also i dont think it was over fertilizing because my trident doesnt appear to have these symptom thanks guys

SOunds like you answered your own question. Things improved with less sun.

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Yes. Hornbeam are understory trees. In their native habitat, the best they see is filtered sunlight though the leaves of taller trees.

DaveV

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I have noticed the same with my KH. However, I know there are some that have their KH in full sun. Don't quite understand why.

Top Bottom