Light Meter Reading

HallieReusch

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
It's really pretty straight-forward, actually.

Thank you! This was very helpful. I wonder if they make a light meter that measures PAR...

What lights are you using? From the photos, the color spectrum looks purple, meaning that they appear to be plant grow lights (red/blue spectra).

I ~think~ THIS is the one I have.

HallieReusch

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Never that! But if you're going to spend the money on a light meter, you might as well gain some ridiculous entertainment for it!

Are you up to 80 plants yet?

Sorce

Haha, fair enough! Getting there! We are moving in a few weeks, so I am trying to hold off on buying any more!

HallieReusch

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
:rolleyes:Not a stupid question at all. The problem is(was) many of us in bonsai are ignorant of the terminology and particulars of measuring light like people who are into photography. Post #9 helps us all. (Well, maybe @sorce will still be staring at the moon...)🌚

oOo me wants to read post #9. How do I find it?

rollwithak

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Thank you! This was very helpful. I wonder if they make a light meter that measures PAR...

I ~think~ THIS is the one I have.
They do! I was just getting ready to mention that I’m not sure about the Lux levels, when starting trees indoors I’m concerned with the PAR levels more than how much light it’s putting out. I bought one one eBay.

Are you having issues with your plants? Is that why you’re chasing this info?

Attachments

• A6077C5E-29DE-405F-AE52-78A0A87E7678.jpeg
    A6077C5E-29DE-405F-AE52-78A0A87E7678.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 4
Top Bottom