Limber Pine

Limmer51

Seed
Reaction score
Looking for some guidance on this limber pine I got from a neighbor. They bought it last year and just never planted it. I’m wondering if it has any potential due to the branches being so far away from the trunk. I know it needs to be in new soil as this tree has been in the nursery soil for at least two years. I understand you can’t trunk chop it as there is no foliage lower. Still pretty pliable and I’d be able to get some movement and the grafting isn’t the greatest. This is my first time working with a larger tree and it was free so I figure this is the best piece to practice on. Pictures attached, thanks y’all. IMG_2166.jpegIMG_2167.jpegIMG_2164.jpegIMG_2163.jpegIMG_2163.jpeg

I'm usually of the mindset that it's good to try to make use of what you already have, but even I wouldn't waste my time on that tree. You'd have to get very creative and put in a ton of work to make that into something. I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but that tree is better off planted in your landscape.

I guess you could also practice certain techniques and learn how much a tree can take before it dies. That might be a worthwhile use for it.

I have to agree - plant in your landscape and find some material that won't give you a headache in the future.

Not downer at all. Got the tree for free so I think I might just see what it will take with no risk. Appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom