limestone ok?

jimlau

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
i'm having trouble finding crushed stone or rock locally that is small enough. the only thing I can get is limestone. is that ok to use for elms and maples and burning bushes?

thanks.

i'm having trouble finding crushed stone or rock locally that is small enough. the only thing I can get is limestone. is that ok to use for elms and maples and burning bushes?

thanks.

No too alkaline.

Go Google the Blue Seal store finder.

thanks.

Limestone screenings will raise the pH. Most trees & shrubs prefer a slightly acidic soil. If the limestone screenings raise the ph too high, nutrients are locked up in the soil and your trees can suffer nutrient deficiencies. I would not risk it personally and being in PA you may want to consider getting Dry Stall(pumice) from most Tractor or Farm Supply places. If I need Dry Stall and Agway does not have it in stock they call me when it arrives and it has never been more then a 3 days.

Grimmy

which blue seal company? not the pet food supply 1?

They mostly sold horse-cow-chicken feed in new england, but yes that Blue Seal company. Well the store what sells their stuff sells the soil components I've been using for the past fifteen years on my bonsai.

Back
Top Bottom